8' x 12'7" (BEAM) STAINLESS STEEL KIT HOUSEBOAT PONTOON HULL FRAME
Here at Charnwood Floatation we are delighted to offer our unique, kit pontoon system. Optimised for houseboat projects, the float and bespoke framing provides a budget, adaptable, easily assembled alternative to traditional concrete, full-steel and interlocking plastic floating bases. With no kit component exceeding a 'two man lift' (eliminating any craning or slipway charges), a full, widebeam hull can be comfortably assembled directly in the water, even in limited access scenarios like a riverbank or marina finger mooring.
The quoted cost on this listing is for all components to assemble ONE 8' x 12'7" trimaran 'raft frame', composed of three rotational moulded, linear polyethylene floats, with 304 stainless steel framing and brackets.
- To reach the desired length for your intended vessel, repeat this set in increments of 8'. eg. 40' pontoon (5 x £1,855) = £9,276
- The kit can be adapted to other beams, from trimaran to catamaran formation and to UNFINISHED mild steel, perfect for budget constraints and those intending to finish with their own paint/galvanised dip. Please see our other listings for details
* Bolts and washers not included, independent purchase at your local Screwfix advised
* Orders may require a five-week lead time dependent on stock levels
Examples of structures used (or proposed) thus far on top of an assembled pontoon 'raft' include; static caravans, shipping containers, glamping pods, log cabins, steel framed superstructures, timber framed homes, industrial workstations, horseboxes, ramped vehicle decks, launching yacht trailers, wet docks, covered boat storage, balcony decks, butties, tenders, painting platforms, lake houses, mooring pontoons, dragon boat boarding docks, powered party rafts, etc, etc!
- The ‘hull’ of a houseboat using the system wouldn't require blacking or any standard, expensive maintenance
- Each float effectively works as a floatation ‘cell’. This adds a huge amount to the safety of a vessel, plus in the unlikely case of puncture, they are replaceable even after being framed
- Each float can comfortably account for 700kg of required vessel buoyancy; at 400mm draught and leaving a 200mm 'freeboard' of float above the waterline
- The floats provide a significant insulatory advantage compared to traditional displacement steel hulls
- The raft framing kit can be amended to individual requirements; eg. demountable support 'sleighs' for tidal beaching environments
RETURN & REFUND POLICY
* Refunds and returns accepted on unused, perfect condition items within 14 days of customer recieving product. Return transportation at customer's expense.
* Delivery unquoted. please enquire for details